11.10.2010

caving in

For the longest time, I've been dead-set against starting a blog. It seemed like everyone was blogging; everybody seemed wayyy too eager to toss their opinions out into the cacophony of voices that clutter up the billions of online 'communities.' I, on the other hand, overwhelmingly prefer face-to-face communication over online (or phone, for that matter) conversations.

I still haven't completely lost my cynicism about the whole thing, but I've at least decided to give it a shot and see what happens. My perspective on the value of blogging was mainly altered after a few of my friends fled the US and lived abroad for a few months (or even a year...ahem Sophie & Max..). The words and pictures in their blogs opened a window into their lives; I loved learning what their days looked like, what they were experiencing, how they were growing and changing. I guess I realized blogging wasn't so bad after all.

Sooo here it goes. If my blogging habits are anything like my journaling habits...this will be sporadic at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment